The management of the assortment is basically a responsibility of the commercial functions in an organization. They determine which articles they want to add and which they want to clean up. However, there are many points of contact with the Supply Chain and procurement functions in the preparation and execution of the process. It is our conviction that it is precisely the cooperation of all these functions that makes the management of the assortment a success.
We can help to optimize these processes and to fill in the corresponding cooperation between functions.
Why optimization of your assortment management?
Here are some examples in the assortment management where the collaboration with the Supply Chain department is important:
- Assortment mutation process: When entering new articles, it is important that they are on the market on time and are available in sufficient numbers to meet the expectations of your customers. In the case of an outflow of old articles, it is important that the residual stock is limited and that you are not out of stock too early. An optimal design of these processes is only possible when different disciplines work together. We have the knowledge and expertise to support this.
- Product life cycle management: In the optimal management of your assortment, articles are replaced before the demand stagnates. But do the commercial functions know this on time? Often the available information about the sales to your customers is more adequate in the Supply Chain functions. We can help you optimize this process.
- Reduction of obsolete stock: As a legacy of a not yet optimally functioning assortment management from the past you can be confronted with high stocks of articles that no longer have regular demand. Finding a solution for this stock where costs remain limited requires a targeted approach. We would also like to advise you in this.
In our approach we distinguish the following steps:
- Analysis: in which we investigate how your assortment management is set up, where you are faced with limitations, what the costs are and what the desired situation is.
- Action plan: in a detailed plan we indicate how the product range management can be changed and who should be involved in order to achieve the optimal result.
- Implementation: By consensus on the plan of action, we help to implement it.
- Evaluation: It is our mission to add value to you. After the implementation, we review with you whether the result of the joint efforts meets the previously agreed expectations.